mutley

OpusFSX announce Version 2.22 of OpusFSX is now available for download.

10 posts in this topic

OpusFSX announce Version 2.22 of OpusFSX is now available for download.

This latest release includes our improved Live Weather Engine (LWE) which incorporates our unique wind smoothing software completely eradicating the infamous winds aloft bug, resulting in perfectly stable and realistic high altitude winds.

More here

OpusFSX_Logo_m.jpg

this looks interesting has anyone on mutleys been using it? if so how does it compare with rex?

We have a review underway but will be a few weeks yet.

I would be interested in your views Mike.

New to me...looks very interesting. Have downloaded all the PDFs and will give it some attention.

I too am interested in this, as I want to use my second PC monitor within FSX?

I'm using it, first impressions are:

Live view-not yet tried these functions do can't comment

Live camera-dynamic head movements better than EZCA but in other aspects not quite as polished yet (but undergoing development) it's certainly good enough to fly with and I can see myself ditching EZCA completely in the not so distant future...havent tested the external cameras yet

Live weather-best visual weather I've had yet compared to REX. Still actively being developed.

Support-Stephen and Cheryl seem to work every hour that god sends, late nights and early mornings, replies to posts there are extremely swift.

Development-there seems to be a new beta with updated functions and bug fixes every few days at least.

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for your HU. It will be interesting to see how it all works when all the snags are polished off.

Cheers :thum:

I've been following Opus for a couple of months but I was a little wary at first because it seemed to promise so much it was almost too good to be true. I asked some questions on their forum and got really quick answers which were very honest in terms of what Opus was and was not capable of. It was that which persuaded me to buy it and I think I'm now a convert to this kind of development. Rather than wait for a finished product and hope it is what I need, I've bought into a process where I can actually shape what the product becomes and supported the developer in the process. A good example is the transitions between virtual cockpit cameras-I suggested a transition effect between views as they jumped straight from one to another. Within a day a beta had been produced with a smooth xyz transition movement, and this morning this was enhanced to include a pitch/roll/yaw transition as well. There are still quite a few improvements and additions in terms of functionality that could be made, and while £25 for essentially an unfinished piece of software might seem a bit steep at first I've no regrets about getting it :) k

well it looks very positive I shall keep a watching brief on how people get on with it, because although i like the rex textures its weather download is slower than watching paint dry, however i believe they are trying to deal with this so shall wait jumping ship until i see what the the latest update gives us

It looks like I am going to have to get this now!