Sign in to follow this  
TapA321

Saitek Pro Flight Yoke and Throttle Quadrant Problem SOLVED

Hi all,

I hope that you all had a very happy christmas :biggrin:

I've just installed the Saitek Yoke and throttle quadrant pack. The Yoke is connected to the PC via USB and the quadrant is connected to the hub on the side of the yoke. In FSX and in the game pads testing facility in the Windows control panel, the yoke works fine, with all the buttons working too, but the throttle just doesn't work. I know that the throttle is connected properly because a green light appears on it, indicating that it is connected, although none of the levers nor the buttons function.

I thought at first that this might be to do with the fact that it is not configured properly in the FSX controls. So, after having a look in the FSX axis controls, I can see that the Z-axis (which I understand to be the throttle lever) is set to the throttle in FSX controls. I have also tried changing some controls to see if it responds. After clicking on, for example, brakes and selecting "change assignment" ... using a button from the yoke works fine, but FSX doesn't recognise a button from the throttle quadrant.

I have installed all software and drivers that came with the hardware and have downloaded drivers for the quadrant on the Saitek website (although it says that the latest drivers are already installed.)

I have emailed the support team at Saitek about the problem, but I won't get a reply until tomorrrow at the earliest. I was wondering if anyone here knew of any solution??

Thanks for any help,

George

Hi George,

I have the CH Trustmaster yoke and pedals so not familiar with the Saitek model, does the quadrant work by plugging directly into the PC?

I think you have tried all the things I would have suggested like re-install drivers and calibration etc but if you can get it to work independently of the yoke at least you know it isn't the hardware at fault.

George,

I use the Saitek Yoke & Throttle on my XP system, both the throttle and yoke have their own 'Z-Axis' and i found that each needs to be configured separately in FS9 (i'm sure FSX is the same..) Anyway, first thing I did was ensure XP gave the throttle inputs priority over the yoke input (as far as i know, this is identical for Vista and Win7 too). To do this, go into 'Control Panel' from the start menu, select 'Game Controllers', then click 'Advanced', you'll get a pop up box, asking to select the preferred device, just choose the "Saitek Pro Flight Throttle Quadrant".

Then in FS9, I go to the controller settings, and make sure i've got the throttle selected and set all the axis to their respective settings e.g. left = prop feathering, centre = mixture, right = throttle.

Hope that goes some way to help mate.

Si

Thanks Joe and simi for the replies :thum:

Firstly, Joe - the throttle quadrant has a din-pin (?) round socket rather than a USB (like on the old PS2 mice.) There are two similar sockets on my PC (one purple, one green) but it doesn't seem to fit into either of them - yet it fits with ease into the hub on the side of the yoke. I will have another go, but I don't want to force it.

Secondly, simi - I understand exactly what you mean (as I also have the rudder pedals), but when I go into the control panel - in the drop down list, I see only the pedals and the yoke system - there is no quadrant :faint: . I thought that this was normal because on the saitek website, it says that when configuring controls on FSX, the yoke and expansion appliances are all under the same title. How did you get it to have it's own title? Do you have it plugged into the Yoke hub or did you plug it directly into the PC as Joe suggested?

I understand the control configuration that you have suggested too, but my FSX just doesn't recognise it at all - I presume this is because it doesn't have its own drop down title? I try to change an assignment and it doesn't recognise any buttons or levers on the quadrant but does recognise all the buttons and axis on the yoke...

Thanks again for the help

George

Those purple and green PS2 ports are intended for keyboard and mouse. I suspect plugging a game controller into one might not work too well but don't know for sure. They do make a PS2 to USB adapter which would get you into a USB port.

John

Secondly, simi - I understand exactly what you mean (as I also have the rudder pedals), but when I go into the control panel - in the drop down list, I see only the pedals and the yoke system - there is no quadrant :faint: . I thought that this was normal because on the saitek website, it says that when configuring controls on FSX, the yoke and expansion appliances are all under the same title. How did you get it to have it's own title? Do you have it plugged into the Yoke hub or did you plug it directly into the PC as Joe suggested?

I have the yoke and throttle on separate USB sockets on my PC...saying that, i did purchase them separately, rather than as a kit which might have something to do with it. Also I'd suggest against forcing the plugs into the the purple/green sockets on your PC because, as John says, these are for your Mouse & Keyboard only. if it fits well only on the yoke, then its probably designed for that socket only.

Simi,

You're right. I bought the Yoke System - which is like a yoke and throttle combined. In that case, I'm not too sure whether they should have seperate drop down titles or not. I think I may just have to wait for a reply from their support, as it may just be faulty hardware.

Cheers,

George

Hi Tap', I have the same hardware as you. I would suggest there may bea problem with one of the components as I am experiencing no problems with mine. The Quadrant does indeed plug into the Yoke, so don't try plugging it into your motherboard. I have had no problems at all since purchase, so I would try and get a replacement.

Sorry it's not much help but hope you get it sorted because it is a great piece of kit.

Happy New Year to you, especially when you get this prob' sorted.

Cheers

Needles

PROBLEM SOLVED

Thanks to everyone for the replies...

The only problem was that the pin needles on the quadrant were bent and not connecting to the yoke properly. It did still work (i.e the green light came on) but all the pins obviously weren't in contact.

Cheers,

George

PROBLEM SOLVED

Thanks to everyone for the replies...

The only problem was that the pin needles on the quadrant were bent and not connecting to the yoke properly. It did still work (i.e the green light came on) but all the pins obviously weren't in contact.

Cheers,

George

That'll most likely be from trying to put the connector into the back of your pc george, glad to hear you got it working though. :whis: