Sign in to follow this  
flybytes

FSX Power Project v4.3 soon to be released.

Have recently received a couple of members' e-mails wondering where I've got to...

The freeware FSX Power Project is still being developed & hopefully improved.

A new version should be released very soon, currently undergoing testing, possibly before the end of this year.

Anyone interested in designing wind farms may find my three animated wind turbine models useful - two 3-bladed models (fast & slow rotation) and a 2-blade model. Each model may have its blade length set by adjusting scale & the hub height set by using  a positive or negative altitude (the turbine's tower extends below ground level).

The models can be found at :

https://simviation.com/1/search?submit=1&keywords=ray+porter&x=21&y=11

I have been having a prolonged break from flight simming, particularly scenery design, but after an eventful year including a long stay in New York and two strokes, now finds my interest in FSX renewed.

Additions & changes to FSX Power Project include a complete redesign to the steam effects resulting in less impact on frame-rates when the effects start up - this was a particular problem at Liverpool's John Lennon airport, being so close to Fiddler's Ferry power station.

Didcot power station has been modified due to half of its cooling towers being demolished and the wind turbines in Blyth, Northumberland have been removed to be replaced by a single larger turbine.

Many more UK offshore wind farms have been added including Rampion (116 turbines) close to the Shoreham airport flight path off the Sussex coast.

Further additions of satellite-earth stations and wind farms around the world are modelled - almost 14,000 wind turbines accurately scaled & positioned globally.

Incidentally, whilst in New York I was fortunate to explore Manhattan's Intrepid sea, air & space museum - notable exhibits include the Concorde sst, USS Growler submarine, and USS Intrepid aircraft carrier which houses numerous aircraft/spacecraft, the largest being the Enterprise space shuttle - well worth a visit.

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year to all members & your families.

Ray.

Edited by flybytes
  • Like 2

Thanks Ray, Happy holidays to you and yours too.:) Good to see you back and I always look forward to new updates from you.:hat:

Sorry to hear about your medical problems, hope you are now in tip top shape and get to enjoy the hobby you have always enjoyed. :rockon:

Stay out of New York as it has been known to not be good for your health and why they have some of the best hospitals in the world.;) 

Excellent news Ray thanks!

Hope your health stays good, merry christmas to you and your family :)

FSXPP is a must have addon for me.  I'm particularly pleased re the updated effects (I disabled them after suffering precisely the problem you described at EGGP)

Kevin

Sorry to hear of your previous health issues, Ray.  Pleased you are now on the mend.  All the best to you & yours.

Great to hear from you, Ray! I hope that your health issues are behind you, and I look forward to checking out v4.3 of the FSX Power Project. Just out of curiosity....have you added the two wind turbines at EGNX East Midlands? With respect to the steam effects, is this the reason why I experience excessive stutters in certain areas? I have noted the stuttering close to EGGP Liverpool, but it also happens elsewhere. It would be good to see an improvement in that department! :thum:

Edited by Christopher Low