Sign in to follow this  
wain

rundll32 error

Yesterday windows updated, seemed a biggy, today when I tried to uninstall my JF Tristar to install the new updated version I had this error just saying rundll32 was not there, however after checking it is there, bit confused, read to much on M$ web brain now frazzled......installed new version of Tristar and all seems ok... not really sure what has gone wrong but my question is if this doesn't work itself out can I reinstall files from my WIN10 disc or will I have to uninstall everything and start over...M$ web was not much help really, checked for everything it said and all was in place but only seems to come up as an error if I try to uninstall something.......the update also caused Gizmo in XP11 to stop working, thats all sorted now thanks to Xaviation.......bloody microsoft and their updates.....usually most things re; pc's aren't a problem for me, have a bit of knowledge and build them for myself.......

Maybe the rundll32 service was not running? Always reboot your PC if you get strange errors like this. :) 

Joe 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

thanks for the response Joe....tried that, still not working....currently it only seems to effect the uninstall of JF products after the WIN10 Fall update, everything else seems fine so I will just leave it be and hope nothing bites me bum at a later date......:D

also after the update SPAD-next informed me that my power settings on USB items had been changed to powersaving, it asked if I wanted to fix this, I said yes and SPADnext changed them all.......

• Like 1

That's what I would have done. I must check my setup as turning off power to USB ports causes all sorts of problems.

Joe

• Like 1