Sign in to follow this  
jankees

Douglas A-20 Havoc

Milton Shupe just released a very nice A-20 for FSX on the outhouse, wonderful model to fly (and paint)

jk2359.jpg

jk2343.jpg

Wow! Love the look of that aircraft, your paint isn't that bad either :D :thum: 

Nice one JK, cool paints and thanks for the heads up on the aircraft.:D

I installed this last night. It's a very very nice one by the master. Lots of VC switches are decorative/non functional, but it has a nice usable VC. I love the center-line Pilot seating, as well as a very handy antenna on the nose dead ahead the tip which lines up with the horizon when flying level...great sight reference/dive bomb sight???

Curiously, there was one model in the package, a white Russian camera variation, that would NOT take off, even empty and at 1/4 fuel...it just roared along the ground for 2 miles refusing to take to the air. Tried all flap settings, trims, power/rpm settings...nada. Weirdness. It shares the same .cfg as several other models...totally mystified.

One nice touch I really liked: The rear gun turret is animated and seems to react to yoke inputs...makes those external views a bit more interesting.

Regrettably, no camera positions for the other interior positions. Haven't tried Key-bumping my way back there for a look yet.

Edited by Captain Coffee
  • Like 1

I haven't tried the russian yet, will do so tomorrow.

Meanwhile, a few more paints now available on OZx

skonk09.jpg

skonk01.jpg

skonk07.jpg

and one on the way:

jk2433.jpg

• Like 1

I like the look of this. Milton Shupe always produces excellent models. One to grab methinks. 

I too have this one now and found that Russian civil one flew perfectly well. However as loaded the aircraft is quite overweight so fuel levels had to be reduced. It's a great addition to the hangar and once again Milton Shupe has shown many payware designers a thing or two about creativity. I've taken a  couple of flights so far and am very impressed. 

• Like 1