Sign in to follow this  
jankees

Hawker Typhoon

Here's two paint for the Hawker Typhoon by Aeroplane Heaven:

HF-L04.jpg

HF-L02.jpg

Typhoon JR128 HF-L as it looked when flying with 183 squadron, based in Colerne, late 1944.

jk48.jpg

jk51.jpg

Typhoon JP975 as it may have looked on the 19th of August 1944, when it crashed near Saint-Maclou-la-Brière, a small village near Le Havre. JP975 was piloted by pilot Officer James Stellin RNZAF, who was flying with 609 squadron, based in Thorney Island airfield. On the 19th of August, 609 had been attackking the Falaise pocket when James Stellin was probably hit by flak while attacking ground targets. He tried to fly back to England, but was losing altitude and on realising he was probably going to crash in the middle of the village, managed to divert to crash at the last moment. He jumped from his aircraft, but was too low and his chute did not open. He was buried by the thankful civilians, who celebrated his sacrifice each year and have named the square in front of the church 'Place Stellin'. More on the last mission by Pilot Officer Stellin can be found here: https://nzhistory.govt.nz/page/kiwi-pilots-sacrifice-saves-french-village. It is not known what the aircraft code of JP975 was on the day of the crash, so I have opted for PR-S, for Stellin.

• Like 1

A very nice set of repaints for an add-on I wasn't aware of. She looks a beauty. That is now on my must have list!

Cranking em out Jan, lovely work on all of them...from the rapid work, i'm guessing this one is relatively easish (ie. non-Carenado'ish ) to paint.

two more paints now available:
jk917.jpg

Typhoon MN875 EL-B of No 181 Squadron, a regular mount of Flt.Lt. Robbert 'Bergy' van Zinnicg Bergmann while 181 was based in Helmond, 1945. Van Zinnicq Bergmann was a cavalry officer at the start of the war who managed to escape to England, arriving there in 1942. He joined the RAF, flying Hurricanes, Spitfires and finally Typhoons, first with 181 and later with 182 squadron. He stated: 'for me, the Typhoon was love at first sight, of all the aircraft I had flown, this looked by far the most agressive'. His agression as a pilot earned him the DFC and a promotion to Flight Commander with 182 squadron. After the war, he became aide-de-camp to the Dutch Queen, in the end serving three queens as Lord Chamberlain. He died in 2004.

jk899.jpg

and with the last (totally imaginary) paint I included updates for the AH 245 & 440 squadron repaints that had wrong flap textures. They now look like this:
jk933.jpg

Edited by jankees
  • Like 1