Sign in to follow this  
jankees

Lockheed Constellation

Your coming out with some beauties for this new release, well done JK.:thum: The Air France one is very pleasing to the eye, great livery.

Gorgeous Work. A2A just featured the Air France livery on their Facebook page.

Great work thus far, and looking forward to seeing what Jan is no doubt feverishly working on next for this bird :D

two more, one for Kenya:

jk2738.jpg

the final colors of G-AHEL of BOAC and others, and one more Brazilian, the second paintscheme of the Panair Connies:

jk2752.jpg

• Like 1

Eisenhower's first Air Force One, Columbine II:
jk2840.jpg

MacArthurs's Bataan:
jk2800.jpg

and a freighter from Seaboard & Western (in reality a L-1049):
jk2794.jpg

These are superb as ever Janks - I don't have this plane just yet, but when I get it, I will be using some of these repaints for sure :)

two more paints, both variations on a previous theme:

G-AHEL as it looked in 1963, between operators, and without titles:

jk947.jpg

jk965.jpg

and 48-609, the MATS Connie as it looked in the 1990's, before it went to Korea:

jk921.jpg

jk961.jpg

• Like 2

I dig the MATS livery JK, thanks for all these wonderful liveries.:thum: The MATS will look right at home in those many airbases in FSX, I wonder if FSX ATC will let you land there if you have a C-xx reg on the aircraft.

As a side note: The Lockheed C-121 Super Constellation joined MATS in 1953 and has been used as a convertible carrier for both cargo and personnel. It flew both oceans from its two bases of operation, Charleston Air Force Base, South Carolina, and Moffett Naval Air Station, California. Besides normal troop and cargo operations, the C-121 was used on the State Department "embassy runs" operating into South America. A C-121 served as President Eisenhower's personal aircraft, the Columbine. Super Connies flown by the MATS Navy Squadron were designated R7VS.

The C-121 cruises at 17,000 feet at 282 mph and carries a basic crew of eight. All the Super Constellations could be converted for troop, cargo, or air evacuation missions. It can carry 76 fully equipped troops over a 3,050-mile range. These are being phased out of the force in favor of the C-130E. The C-121 is easily recognized from its triple bank of fins and rudders.

For those that do not have the A2A L049 and would like to see what's involved in flying it check out this video of a full flight by SIMCFI on Pilotedge. He was the closet guy I could find that did it almost spot on and handled all the stations. https://youtu.be/0Ln5Z6AtAsY  (long vid but well worth it):)