Sign in to follow this  
UKJim

Why is so hard to find Saitek Dimensions GGRRrrrr

So, I am thinking about buying the Saitek TPM panel to use with my Logitech Extreme 3D stick - I was going to get the yoke and throttle quadrant but I am changing my mind now. I think the TPM panel would fit better on my desk and it also has the same layout as my beloved Comanche :)

So I have limited space on the desk, I have several spots where it would be ideal to put a throttle there, but for the love of god - I cannot find the dimensions for hardly any of the Saitek units!

If anyone has the Saitek TPM (not the curvy throttle quadrant) - would you be able to provide the dimensions length, width and height please? 

Thanks for the help

Jim

If you mean the throttle with the push pull throttle etc and the nine switches, then it has the same dimensions as the other Saitek panels as they are stackable.

Excluding the plastic mount that comes with it the dimensions will be approximately:

Height:- 83 mm

Width:-  283 mm

Depth:-  18 mm

The depth is my main concern and the width.  Thanks for the measurements guys. 

That was correct it's the push/pull with the 9 toggle switches. 

Not that I'm going to get it soon as all Saitek gear is sold out everywhere - soooo gutted!

I heard somewhere that Saitek were re-designing all their peripherals so maybe they are trying to sell out all the old stuff in the meantime. Not sure how much truth was in that info. 

I heard/read somewhere recently - can't recall where - that the parent company that owns Saitek has filed for bankruptcy.

John

Other brands are a bit pricey, I have looked at them but for what I need the saitek TPM unit is perfect. 

I heard the bankrupt thing too, but also, I heard they stopped production to move to another location, so there will be a shortage during the move. 

God knows, but I do have my heart set on the TPM unit :(

I saw one of those in a FRY's electronics store...it is one of the few Saitek things not sold out yet, that and the Caution Panel thingy that seems to just gather dust on shelves.

I'm hanging onto an extra Throttle quadrant that I plan to sell on Ebay for a million bucks when NOTHING is left...mwuhahahaa. :P

Latest news I read was that they should start becoming available on Amazon in September but that could mean maybe Oct or Nov, Dec.....:D

I have TPM...think I found it in a PC World....strangely I have mine down by my right knee clamped onto the desk in what should be a shelf.. however instead of being level the unit is on its side so the pull things are on top of each other.. the trim wheel is just above it.. works well even in the dark...had quadrant that came with yoke put damaged PS2 connector...