Sign in to follow this  
jankees

Milviz F-100D

F-100 54-2177 G-177 of the Royal Danish Air Force. It was built for the USAF in 1956, flying as FW-177. While with the RDAF, it flew with Eskadrille 727 for 20 years, between 1961 and 1981, before being sold to the Turkish Air Force. There is was stricken off charge in 1988, and it was recycled in 1992.

ss24083.jpg

54-2154 (cn 223-34) 11-YK, a F-100D of the French Air Force, flying with  4/11 "Jura". This was the last unit flying the F-100 with the FAF, when it was based in Djibouti between 1973 and 1978.

ss24030.jpg

• Like 1

Nice work JK! The sharks teeth and eyes looks funny with the stub nose!

Is that your own paint kit? I thought theirs had not been published yet.

Cheers,

Joe

Wow you were quick off the mark there! It hasn't been out for long!

Nice repaints!

small update:

ss24154.jpg

they weren't all as dirty as the Danish and French aircraft...and with the Danes it was mainly very bad paint

• Like 1

one more paint now on OZX, an aircraft of the 32nd TFS, based in Soesterberg, the Netherlands (hence the tail)

ss24188.jpg

ss24202.jpg

thank you!

Here's the next: http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/files/file/5655-milviz-f-100d-naca-fw-778/

ss24529.jpg

ss24549.jpg

ss24543.jpg

F-100A 52-5778 in the colors it wore when it was flying with the NACA. The NACA received an early F-100A (52-5778) which it used to perform stability and control tests. NACA test pilot Scott Crossfield flew the F-100A during the late fall of 1954 to determine the flight boundaries where inertial coupling could occur. This did not go completely as planned, more on his first flight with this F-100 here: http://www.thisdayinaviation.com/tag/52-5778/.

Thnak you!

But it turns out I had the colours completely wrong, sometimes being colorblind is not that useful..

Anyway, currently working on a series of 308 TFS F-100's:

jk1222.jpg

jk1226.jpg

jk1213.jpg

jk1231.jpg

• Like 1

The F100 takes camo really well, even if it is the wrong shades! :D

This latest repaint is the only excuse I need to reinstall her, IMO one of your best JK :thum:

I grabbed the Flight Systems semi-civvy paint a few liveries previously up there.

I really like a privately owned look for flying around in AirHauler (Courier Document haulers and maybe the occasional Organ Rush Delivery...) Most military stuff like this in my fleets is in the Personal Hangar...they don't make money very well as "Haulers" and single seaters are horribad at Passenger service :D

I don't fly this Hun often, but keep it in the hangar because it is a serious fun challenge to land (quite often humbling, and I am very OK with just an OK landing in it)...and a joy to fly.

Let's see if this works:

jk1886.jpg

jk1878.jpg

fssnaps I mean, and it seems to work, excellent!

Edited by jankees
  • Like 1